Solace
Binjie
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Binjie

Damage Caps Empty
PostSubject: Damage Caps   Damage Caps Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 2:28 pm

Do ue think damage caps is a good idea???
when ue have 0 rebirth, having damage caps has no difference because ue can't hit 99k dmg anyway
but when ue have rebirth, it is a different story
Back to top Go down
Solace
Solace

Damage Caps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damage Caps   Damage Caps Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 4:42 pm

Maybe cap it at 300. o.O

Maybe.

I guess.

-I don't really know-
Back to top Go down
iTonijn
iTonijn

Damage Caps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damage Caps   Damage Caps Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 9:40 pm

We don't have rebirths right?

/problem_solved.
Back to top Go down
Tiger
Tiger

Damage Caps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damage Caps   Damage Caps Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 9:50 pm

Rebirths will be possible.
But if i recall, it's only 5 times possible.

And you can only do it between 2 jobs, meaning you cannot go like:
DK - NL - Bishop - Marksman - Paladin
Back to top Go down
Badphoyu.
Badphoyu.

Damage Caps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damage Caps   Damage Caps Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 10:29 pm

well u can still hit over 100k without any rebirths

I know that Heros got advanced Combo Attack they can do 99k or more with Onyx Apple with Panic.
Back to top Go down
iTonijn
iTonijn

Damage Caps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damage Caps   Damage Caps Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 4:37 am

Heh, you are kidding.

Right?
Back to top Go down
Badphoyu.
Badphoyu.

Damage Caps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damage Caps   Damage Caps Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 6:39 am

Is that you saying i am wrong, i know you have an asshole lately, but care to explain not like a dumbass plz
Back to top Go down
iTonijn
iTonijn

Damage Caps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damage Caps   Damage Caps Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 7:18 am

Badphoyu. wrote:
Is that you saying i am wrong, i know you have an asshole lately, but care to explain not like a dumbass plz

Wasen't talking to you idiot.

I ment, Rebirths, your joking right?

I mean, that's not-gms like for sh!t.
Back to top Go down
Rache

Damage Caps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damage Caps   Damage Caps Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 10:01 am

I really must agree. Rebirths? Since when did the thought even cross our minds?
Except all those other times. But still. Say no to rebirths.
Back to top Go down
MarlinAngel
MarlinAngel

Damage Caps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damage Caps   Damage Caps Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 7:04 pm

Rache wrote:
I really must agree. Rebirths? Since when did the thought even cross our minds?
Except all those other times. But still. Say no to rebirths.

Look at the topic for the rates, Fate mentioned he was going to imply rebirths this time =P.
Back to top Go down
iTonijn
iTonijn

Damage Caps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damage Caps   Damage Caps Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 8:52 pm

Seriously Jr. GTFO with rebirths, it will be useless as fk because AP won't be added and you can't choose the job you want,

./read: endless drama nolife grinding without fun.
Back to top Go down
Solace
Solace

Damage Caps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damage Caps   Damage Caps Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 12:09 am

I think you seriously need to relax with your opposition to rebirths. Do you even realize how long it would take to get to 200 in the first place?

Second off, I'm sure Junior would find a way to make it so that rebirthing won't give too much power to the rebirther.

Third off, if you think it ruins the game for you, don't rebirth. Nobody said you had to do it because it's there.
Back to top Go down
Alexa
Alexa

Damage Caps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damage Caps   Damage Caps Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 4:39 pm

I see a few reasons for having a damage cap...however increased, like Alisha said up to 300k for example.

Reasons:
- Prevents hackers from doing things like 1-hitting pap or something similar for a friend of theirs, either for plvl or drops. I know there's ways for hackers to bypass that, but it'd keep it to a minimum at least.
- Assuming we don't have rebirths, the 300k (or so) cap instead of the normal 100k gives the higher levels more motivation to actually continue their characters, equips, and what not. Just don't make it too high or else it completely nullifies the reason for getting a damage cap (maybe 200k?). Giving the players more room for improvement makes them more willing to well...play. Besides, aren't you more satisfied doing 6 digits than 5? Be honest :3
- Assuming we do have rebirths (which I really hope is either false or reconsidered for a GMS-like server), it would stop things like...well for example, 99mil with Snipe. There's other, less abusive things I could provide for examples, but you get my point.

And while the topic has changed to rebirths, here's my opinion on it:

No, I absolutely despise rebirths, even restricted ones, and here's my reasons...
I completely understand players who are elitists and will grind their asses off to be on top (admittedly I'm one of them x_x), however I don't see the point for a low rate server such as this to have rebirths. If somebody wanted a server for the rebirths, there's plenty of high rate rebirth servers out there for them to go to.

Now then, when somebody wants a low rate server, why is it they want it? Among other reasons, the same fair and balanced gameplay GMS has. However, if there is rebirths in a low rate server....well, it's just a contradiction in itself. GMS is 1x exp. 1x exp to get to the same exact level a 20x server like us would significantly shorten the time on (which in reality is what people want when they join a low rate server, to work for it, just not near as much). However, if you add rebirths, it's just like cutting the exp rate in half. You not only need to hit 200 once, but twice, and maybe more depending on the limit. If the rebirth limit is 5, now suddenly you're grinding on 4x exp to perfect your character...and I really doubt anybody wants it that low. If you do, there's a server called Global Maplestory.

Essentially, the only thing rebirths would do is give player's buffs or skills to use outside of what they were meant for along the way of perfecting said character. In some cases it could get rid of most of the events GMs would like to do (due to certain RBed jobs).
Giving the player an option to rebirth is a nice perk, being a PS and all, however it is unattractive to the huge majority of players who would join this server.

I suppose in summary, I do not like rebirths and I feel it's a waste of time for low rates. Just maybe if the restrictions/forced job selection RBs are carefully looked at, it could be done properly, but it's very doubtful to me. Hopefully Junior can manage it well.

I just feel it's too much effort for both GMs, Devs, and players, for minimal (if any) reward.

Sorry if this frustrates anyone~ just giving my opinion as a player :3
And yes, I'd still play regardless of decision, just don't expect me to rebirth after 200 ^^;
Back to top Go down
iTonijn
iTonijn

Damage Caps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damage Caps   Damage Caps Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 5:19 pm

All the grinding for 200, and then rebirthing, and "losing" that position.

It's just so wrong.
Back to top Go down
Tiger
Tiger

Damage Caps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damage Caps   Damage Caps Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 7:15 pm

Well you are not forced to RB. And remember, donators get some special items, so they should have easier lvling.
Back to top Go down
iTonijn
iTonijn

Damage Caps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damage Caps   Damage Caps Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 7:54 pm

Tiger wrote:
Well you are not forced to RB. And remember, donators get some special items, so they should have easier lvling.

My main point is that the rankings will get fvcked.
Or you should at a " Rebirths " table
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Damage Caps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damage Caps   Damage Caps Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 7:56 pm

iTonijn wrote:
Tiger wrote:

Of course i will -.-"
Back to top Go down
https://indexms.forumotion.com
iTonijn
iTonijn

Damage Caps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damage Caps   Damage Caps Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 8:07 pm

Fate wrote:
iTonijn wrote:
Tiger wrote:

Of course i will -.-"

By the way, how much rebirhts max were you planning, could we change our jobs? do we get a stat reset?

ETC ETC ETC ETC.
Back to top Go down
Alexa
Alexa

Damage Caps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damage Caps   Damage Caps Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 2:32 am

I know I don't have to rebirth :3

Just saying my reasons why :3
Back to top Go down
Arixil
Arixil

Damage Caps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damage Caps   Damage Caps Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 9:04 am

Ugh rebirths. It really doesn't take that long to hit 200. Can get from 1-120 in a couple days 120-170 in a week or two. More so because it's 20x x 1.5(holy symbol in a party) x 2 = 60x. Unless Fate changed how the exp rate works, because last time I talked to him he said it goes Exp rate x HS x any exp bonus such as the card or fame. 40x for those training without a cleric. 50x for solo clerics and 60x for anyone in a party with a cleric. That is of course assuming you are a donator with 50 fame or have soda pop enough wealth to get 2x exp cards.

But of course this is just my opinion I realize not everyone plays as much and level at different speeds and what not.
Back to top Go down
Nemesis
Nemesis

Damage Caps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damage Caps   Damage Caps Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 9:23 am

I level extremely slow, but that's also why I don't care about damage cap.
Back to top Go down
iDark
iDark

Damage Caps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damage Caps   Damage Caps Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 2:42 pm

Fate wrote:
iTonijn wrote:
Tiger wrote:

Of course i will -.-"
Theirs going to be rebirths?
EW WTF!?!?!
That's stupid.
I hate rebirths >.>
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Damage Caps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damage Caps   Damage Caps Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 4:37 pm

Arixil wrote:
Ugh rebirths. It really doesn't take that long to hit 200. Can get from 1-120 in a couple days 120-170 in a week or two. More so because it's 20x x 1.5(holy symbol in a party) x 2 = 60x. Unless Fate changed how the exp rate works, because last time I talked to him he said it goes Exp rate x HS x any exp bonus such as the card or fame. 40x for those training without a cleric. 50x for solo clerics and 60x for anyone in a party with a cleric. That is of course assuming you are a donator with 50 fame or have soda pop enough wealth to get 2x exp cards.

But of course this is just my opinion I realize not everyone plays as much and level at different speeds and what not.

Any exp bonus's does not stack.
Back to top Go down
https://indexms.forumotion.com
Arixil
Arixil

Damage Caps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damage Caps   Damage Caps Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 7:51 am

Fate wrote:
Arixil wrote:

Any exp bonus's does not stack.

Well then, that makes HS useless once one plays enough. For 50 fame = 1.5x which won't stack from the 1.5x from HS. Time to make an AM. <_<
Back to top Go down
sushination
sushination

Damage Caps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damage Caps   Damage Caps Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 3:27 pm

iDark wrote:
Fate wrote:
iTonijn wrote:
Tiger wrote:

Of course i will -.-"
Theirs going to be rebirths?
EW WTF!?!?!
That's stupid.
I hate rebirths >.>

me too, lets make a poll
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Damage Caps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damage Caps   Damage Caps Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down